The Hamster Boy prattles on about his hobbies.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Amera order arrives!

Following one of the billion terrain and figure links I seem to collect daily, I stumbled onto Amera Plastic Mouldings, a British company that seems to specialize in anything they can vacuuform.


They appeared to have a nice variety of reasonably priced, multi-part terrain pieces, and I couldn't resist ordering a few samples to see how they stood up to my scratch-built stuff.



The winner out of the box (so far) has been the Crater Set (£3.25). These look pretty good with little prep needed to deploy them on the battlefield. I am still going to tinker with them (i like the solid feel of a hardboard base) but they are already well worth the cost.



The structures that caught my eye were the Ruined Chapel (£4.95) and the City Block Ruins (£7.95), both of which I have made in the past from foamcore, pink insulation foam, etc.. with good, but labor-intensive results. As you can see, they are going to require much more prep work than the craters, but the details I can see through the packaging looks promising.


I will take pictures of all the components as I break them out and down so you can see how I assemble and paint everything.

I wanted to mention how cooperative and responsive the people manning their website are; they obviously check in on the weekends, and had a shipping quote and approximate currency exchange to me within 24 hours. I paid for them on 07MAR10, and they arrived today, 20MAR10, not bad for a trip across the ocean. The box was packed well, and everything arrived in good condition. The craters did not have "shelf ready" packaging like the other 2 pieces, but for my purposes, that's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment